Meal Plan for Jan 15-21
- Sunday – We had lunch out & ordered pizza for dinner. My son ate 2 slices, whaaat??
- Monday – Leftovers & Baked BBQ chicken. I just take some chicken, pour BBQ sauce over it, and bake it at 350 for about 45 minutes.
- Tuesday – Pasta salad & Pot pie. I love this pot pie. It’s super easy. Recipe below.
- Wednesday – PB&J & Beef stew. Actually, the beef stew turned out terrible. So bad, it might have been the worst thing I ever made. Seriously. I think we ate leftovers instead.
- Thursday – Leftovers & FRG Dinner. I originally thought the FRG dinner was Friday, but nope! And since we ended up eating leftovers for dinner, we probably had sandwiches or something for lunch.
- Friday – Fish sticks & Chicken stir fry. The stir fry actually turned out really well. I know we’ll have it again, and I’ll write up the recipe.
- Saturday – Chicken nuggets & Hamburgers and fries. Simple meals for the weekend.
This is a really easy recipe. I love it for days when I don’t feel like cooking anything. The ingredient amounts don’t have to be exact. Brainless. Just throw the ingredients together and put it in the oven.
- two pack of frozen pie crusts
- vegetables. You can either use frozen or fresh vegetables. I usually use a frozen veggie mix that contains zucchini, squash, edamame, and carrots.
- cream of chicken soup
- chicken pieces. I usually buy those packages of “carving board” chicken and use one and a half packages. If using raw chicken, then it needs to be cooked beforehand.
- shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 450. Combine the vegetables, cream of chicken soup, and chicken pieces in a bowl. Once mixed, it should look pretty “wet”. If it doesn’t, add more soup. Most of the time, I can use one can with one bag of veggies, but if I add more or estimate wrong when I’m cutting fresh veggies, I might need part of a second can.
Pour the mixture into one of the frozen pie crusts. Spread it out evenly. Break up the second pie crust into little pieces, and put it on top of the pie.
Bake for about 45 minutes. Take pie out and sprinkle cheese on the top, and bake for another 15 minutes, or until center is hot. Every oven is different, so I would check on the temperature throughout. If you’re using fresh veggies, it won’t need to cook as long.
Let me know if you try this recipe. I’d love to hear if it worked out for you!