Lost Socks Board Craft from Pinterest
I’m in a weekly craft group. We meet on Mondays and make something that we’ve found on Pinterest. A couple of weeks ago, we made a “Lost Socks” board for our laundry rooms. To make my version of the “Lost Socks” board, you’ll need:
- A wooden board, any size
- Scrapbooking paper to cover the board & for the letters/clothes pins
- Scrapbooking letters or letter punch
- Clothes pins
- Glue – regular school & hot
- Picture hanging kit
- Mod Podge (optional)
- Sponge paint brush
It was pretty easy to make. Around Christmas time, I had a friend cut a mitered edge around a scrap piece of board from my garage with every intention of using it as a Christmas present. It never happened though.
Flash forward to a couple of weeks ago, and I found a use for it!
- First thing I did was wash it off to clean off any remaining sawdust or regular dust since it had been sitting since December.
- Then, I painted it black with plain old craft paint.
- Once that was dry, I glued some scrapbooking paper to it that I cut to the size of the raised part in the center of the board.
- While the glue was drying, I cut out my letters with my scrapbooking letter punch. If you don’t have one, you can buy letters at a craft store or even free hand them if you’ve got a steady enough hand.
- Once the glue was dried, I added the letters and covered the whole thing with more glue. The rest of the group used Mod Podge, but I don’t have any so I made due. I’m not worried if the glue becomes discolored over the years.
- Once that glue was dry, I hot glued my clothes pins to the board. In the source tutorial, she covered hers with scrapbooking paper, but I lucked out and found a couple packs of coordinating clothes pins in the dollar section at Michaels. If I were going to make this again, I would actually use a sock to measure the distance between socks…You can see that some of the adult socks use two clothes pins. Whoops.
- The “rope” is just some string I had in my stash. I cut it to size, tied both ends, and pushed it up into the clothes pins. Then, I hot glued each end for a little more security.
- To hang it, I used a picture hanging kit that came with an Ikea frame that I thrifted, but didn’t need.
And that’s that! My version of the “Lost Socks” board. Funny thing is, those socks have not had mates in aaaages. They’re not going anywhere, meanwhile I have a bunch of other socks that actually have a chance at finding a mate that will never see that board. Ah, such is life!