Light Box Sayings (And a Couple of Hacks)
Why, hello there! This past year has been a whirlwind. Mostly good things, but I’m already excited about 2018. I know it’s kind of dumb, but I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. I love new beginnings, so I always embrace the new year. One of the things I want to change is silly, but it amuses me so I’m running with it. Back in November, Frux Home and Yard sent me a light box for my classroom to review on the blog, and I want to be better about updating it weekly. So far, I’ve got this month planned out. Want to see what I have in mind? Of course you do!
I started out with “You git what you git, so don’t throw a fit” because I have a few kiddos who like to say that things aren’t fair and then get overly upset about it. It’s quite a long saying though, so I had to improvise. That’s where the “hacks” that I mention in the title come into play.
- Hack #1: I needed one more “T” than I was given, and the kit came with a few blank slides, so I put a blank one over an existing “T” and tracked it with wet erase marker! BOOM! Saying complete!
- Hack #2: The saying was way longer than I had space for in the light box, so I used another blank slide to write “So don’t throw a” and placed it between “Git” and “Fit”.
While my sped boss wasn’t super thrilled with the saying, (“If your students start spelling “get” with an “I” Colleen, you’ll have no one to blame but yourself…”) but I kept it around for a while, and wouldn’t you know, it made an impact on one of the students. He’d start off on a tangent, and I’d just point to the sign. He’d read it again, sigh, and move on with his life. It was amazing.
Now, what do I have planned for the coming month? Let’s take a look!
- Week of 1/8-1/12 – “#Normal is boring” (One of my TAs put the hashtag, ha!)
- Week of 1/15-1/20 – “We can do hard things”
- Week of 1/22-1/26 – “You. Are. Enough.”
- Week of 1/29-2/2 – “Dont stop until ur proud”
So, that’s one easy thing I’m working on this year. What are you planning? If you were hoping to get this same light box, the Frux Home and Yard site sadly doesn’t seem to have any right now. But they have other cute things, and you can always follow them on instagram or check out their amazon store to see when they get them back in stock!
I hope you all have a great 2018!