Whew today was a doozy. The kind of day that makes you want to scream and pull out your hair, but instead you post on instagram with captions written in all caps and you end up being rewarded with both of your children falling asleep at the same time in the middle of the day. I’ve started potty training back up, and it is not going well.
BUT THAT’S NOT WHAT I’M TYPING ABOUT TODAY! I can’t think of that anymore right now, seriously I can’t. He pooped on the floor. Potty training is disgusting. (Don’t worry, I disinfected the carpet.)
Today, Jamie posted a new linky called “I’m doing it right” where you post a list of accomplishments that you should be proud of doing. I need to do that today or I’m going to turn into a pop-scented cloud of gloom. (Syke; I took a shower during the joint nap!) Here is my list:
- I didn’t kill The Munchkin after 5 or 6 pee accidents and 1 poop accident
- I managed to throw together a pretty decent dinner in 30 minutes. We had baked BBQ chicken with rice, broccoli, and squash if you were curious.
- I caught up with an old friend on the phone
- I actually took a shower during the joint nap instead of going on the computer like I wanted to
- I did the dishes and cleaned up the living room
- I’m about to put in a load of diapers. (We’ll ignore the fact that I should have done this before sitting down at the computer…)
So see? Not too shabby of a day. I didn’t do tummy time with The Bean because every time I did something non-Munchkin related he’d pee, but we’re focusing on the positive, right??? Yeah.