Hi! I’m Colleen. I am a 37 year old special education teacher, mom of three, and army wife. In my free time, (Ha!) I enjoy photography, sewing, digital and traditional scrapbooking, making silly videos with my kids, setting up Bitmoji classrooms, and other creative things.
I have my Master’s Degree in Special Education and an added authorization in Early Childhood Special Education. My first year (as well as my student teaching) was spent as a resource teacher for K-6, and the next two years were spent as the classroom teacher of a self-contained special education preschool classroom serving students with mild to severe disabilities. I recently completed my third year of teaching, and it was a year like no other!
I can be reached for any reason at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.
Before I started my second career as a teacher, I worked in social media and web/graphic design, which came in handy once schools closed due to Covid-19. Previously, I’ve worked as:
- Social Media Manager for American Military Families Autism Support (support site)
- Community Engagement Manager for BabySimplify (baby registry site)
- Social Media Consultant for NearBeer (iphone app)
- Regional Internet Content Manager for iHeartMedia (radio/media company)
- Blogger for TVomg.com
- Planning Committee Member for Twestival in Rochester, NY (charity festival)